Swing Bed / Medicare Skilled Nursing – Transition to Home
Swing bed / medicare skilled nursing services, sometimes referred to as transition care, is designed to provide continuity of care as patients move between different units or different levels of care at the same location.
At Memorial Regional Health, we know that there may be challenging days ahead, but our compassionate and caring team is dedicated to helping you make a smooth and comfortable transition from hospital to home.
Contact us today to learn more about our transition care services.
We will work closely with your discharging, acute care hospital to ensure a safe transition to our Swing Bed / Medicare Skilled Nursing Program. We provide you with the highest quality care close to home.
Key Features of Swing Bed Care
- A personalized plan of care.
- Weekly Care Conferences that engage you, your family and your care team to help you reach your goals.
- Excellent nurse-to-patient ratios, staffed by nurses with full range of hospital-based skills.
- Physicians are in the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week to collaborate with on-site therapy, radiology, respiratory, and pharmacy teams to address your medical needs.
- Promotes a home-like environment accommodating family and individualized activity programs, as well as therapy in several environments.
- Private rooms, a unique post-acute recovery option in the region, afford privacy and personal space for healing.
- Care planning team including nursing and social work to ensure smooth transition to the community.
Our swing bed team is especially equipped to meet the needs of even the most complex patients who may require care in the following areas:
- After Complex Surgery
- Respiratory Needs
- Wound Care
- Intravenous (I.V.) Antibiotics
- Specialized Therapy Services