Helping Restore Breathing at MRH
Memorial Regional Health’s Respiratory Therapy Program delivers both diagnostic and therapeutic treatments in the inpatient and outpatient settings of the hospital. Therapists also perform diagnostic tests ordered by physicians.
What does a respiratory therapist do?
- Diagnoses lung and breathing disorders and recommend treatment methods.
- Completes chest physical exams to determine what kind of therapy is needed.
- Collaborates with physicians in recommending an effective therapy.
- Analyzes breath, tissue and blood specimens to determine levels of oxygen and other gases.
- Manages ventilators and artificial airway devices for patients who cannot breathe normally on their own.
- Educates patients and families about lung disease so they can maximize their recovery.
- Teaches patients how to use breathing devices.
If you have any questions about respiratory therapy or the services offered at MRH, don’t hesitate to contact our team for more information.
Respiratory Therapy Services We Offer:
Overall, respiratory therapy is useful in treating diseases, infections or viruses of the cardiopulmonary system, such as asthma, lung cancer, pneumonia, bronchitis and other conditions.
Our respiratory therapists are compassionate in their care and will always ensure you receive the best treatment possible. Learn more below about the cardiopulmonary services provided at Memorial Regional Health.
Cardiac Event Monitor
24-hour Holter Monitor
Cardiac Stress Test (treadmill)
Echocardiogram Stress Test
PADnet (peripheral artery disease testing)
Pulmonary Function Testing
ABG (arterial blood gas sampling)
Apnea Link (sleep study screening)