COVID-19 Visitor Restriction Policy – Updated September 23, 2020
Ensuring the safety of our staff and our patients is our number one priority. Memorial Regional Health recognizes the importance of having loved ones participate in each other’s care, but in light of the severity of the COVID-19 virus, as a temporary emergency measure effective, MRH will further restrict access to its facilities. Beginning Wednesday, September 23, 2020 MRH will implement a revised VISITOR Policy. This policy includes:
- Only one visitor at a time for patients admitted to the hospital.
- Only one visitor at a time for patients being treated in the Emergency Department.
- Only one visitor per patient admitted to Day Surgery.
- One caregiver or companion per patient per visit in our Medical Clinics
- No visitors under the age of 12 will be permitted.
- No visitors to staff members working within the facility.
- No vendors with the exception of scheduled deliveries to our Purchasing/Facilities Department or required scheduled services to support operations and compliance of MRH.
- No public access to the Mountain Café.
- No public meetings will be permitted in any MRH facility.
Exceptions to this policy include:
- The treating physician may restrict access when he or she determines that visitation may impede the provision of care.
- The treating physician feels that an exception to the visitor policy when necessary for the specific support needs of the patient, or when visitors, whom, in the discretion of the treating physician, are essential for a patients’ emotional well-being and care.
- Visitors to patients who are receiving care at end of life.
Visitors are subject to COVID-19 screening and must follow all applicable social distancing and hygiene requirements of MRH while in its facilities. Visitors who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath will not be permitted. Visitors must wear a mask at all times when in the facility. No exceptions to these requirements will be permitted for visitors to any MRH facilities.
MRH shall post signage clearly summarizing the visitor policy at its facilities and online. This policy will be revisited as the COVID-19 Emergency dictates.